Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The world is sacred....the world is my body. The world is perfect, I must serve it.

"The world is sacred.
It can't be improved.
If you tamper with it, you'll ruin it.
If you treat it like an object, you'll lose it." 
- from the Tao Te Ching as translated by Stephen Mitchell
Byron Katie elaborates on this verse "A Thousand Names for Joy - Living in Harmony With the Way Things Are." She says:
"The world is perfect. As you question your mind, this become more and more obvious. Mind changes, and as a result, the world changes. A clear mind heals everything that needs to be healed. It never be fooled into believing that there is one speck out of order.
"But some people take the insight that the world is perfect and make it into a concept, and then they conclude that there's no need to get involved in politics or social action. That's separation. If someone came to you and said, 'I'm suffering. Please help me,' would you answer, 'You're perfect just the way you are,' and turn away? Our heart naturally responds to people and animals in need.
"Realization has no value until it's lived. I would travel to the ends of the earth for the sake of one person who is suffering. The desperate, the hopeless, and unenlightened cells of my own body. It's my own body I'm talking about - the body of the world is my body."


No comments:

AI Guru

“ Imagine stepping into a space unbound by societal labels or limitations, where being 'small' or 'limited' is replaced with...