Wednesday, June 30, 2010
"Whatever you worry about it doesn't
"10 Easy Steps for Becoming a Radical Homemaker
Photo Chiot's Run
- Commit to hanging your laundry out to dry.
- Dedicate a portion of your lawn to a vegetable garden.
- Get to know your neighbors. Cooperate to save money and resources.
- Go to your local farmers' market each week before you head to the grocery store.
- Do some spring cleaning to identify everything in your home that you absolutely don't need. Donate to help others save money and resources.
- Make a commitment to start carrying your own reusable bags and use them on all your shopping trips.
- Choose one local food item to learn how to preserve for yourself for the winter. Get your family to spend more evenings at home, preferably with the TV off.
- Cook for your family.
- Focus on enjoying what you have and who are with. Stop fixating on what you think you may need, or how things could be better "if only.""
Posted by Gregory Wendt at 9:29 AM
Thursday, June 24, 2010
"There are various tests to which a devotee is subjected: they could be of the mind, or the intellect, of the body, and so on. A number of such tests are there. In fact, God is conducting tests all the time; every occurrence in life is a test. Every thought that crops up in the mind is in itself a test to see what one's reaction will be. Hence one must be always alert and aloof, conducting oneself with a spirit of detachment, viewing everything as an opportunity afforded to gain experience, to improve oneself and go on to a higher stage." Bhagavan Nityananda of Ganeshpuri
Posted by Gregory Wendt at 9:58 AM
Thursday, June 03, 2010
Yet in putting down our swords, we find that light and love are more effective "war free."
Posted by Gregory Wendt at 11:52 PM